The All North Teaching Schools Collaborative (or 'ANTS' as we're affectionately known) is an innovative and active partnership of schools who work together to improve learning outcomes and experiences for young people in the North East, North Yorkshire and in Cumbria.
WHAT WE DO
Through regular regional meetings, collaborative training events and CPD we actively develop and share ideas and initiatives to improve teaching and learning in our respective schools.
We work together to develop regional solutions and ideas to foster, including: succession planning, talent management, school-to-school support, teacher training, supporting NQTs and RQTs in their early years of teaching and research and development.
Our recent work has included:
- Introducing the Teaching School Peer Review system to provide a reflective self-evaluation process for Teaching Schools in the region;
- Designing and establishing the application process for the new designation of Regional System Leaders across the north to accommodate the various emerging needs of schools across our region;
- Ensuring that all of our region’s newly designated SLEs continue to receive high quality training from a team of 12 SLEs from 10 teaching schools trained and quality assured by Accredited Trainers;
- Working with the University of Sunderland to offer free ‘introduction to coaching’ training sessions across the region as part of the Coaching Pledge to provide potential coaches with an understanding of the key skills required, to receive support and make contacts;
- Welcoming over 100 guests at our annual regional conference each year. In 2018 this included key note speaker, Laura McInerney, and focused on recruitment, retention and resilience.
- We have also jointly written an ‘every lesson outstanding’ course to promote outstanding teaching across all our alliances and formed partnerships with local universities, the National College and the Academies Commission.
OUR MISSION IS:
- to develop school staff who consistently deliver exceptional learning experiences for young people in our region.
- to actively recruit and retain outstanding teachers for our schools.
- to develop inspiring leaders who act with integrity, passion and purpose.