Cardinal Hume Catholic School, recently granted ‘World Class’ status, is the lead school in the Trinity North East Teaching School Alliance. Our strategic partners are St Robert of Newminster, Cramlington Learning Village, St Benet Biscop Catholic Academy and Newcastle University.
- Established and experienced Lead school for school direct
- Strong tradition of school-to-school support
- Modern Foreign Language Hub
- Delivering 'Every Lesson Outstanding' programme and Excellent Learning Behaviours programme
- Offers high quality CPD opportunities
- Delivery of Teacher Subject Specific Training in various subjects
- Whole school literacy and numeracy support
- Pupil Premium Reviews
- 18 Specialist Leaders of Education offering expertise in numerous subjects
Modern Foreign Languages Hub
Cardinal Hume Catholic School is one of nine schools nationally supported by the Department for Education and Centre of Excellence to work with local schools to assist with improving standards in language teaching by sharing resources and best practice.
Teacher Subject Specific Training
TSST aims to build the capacity of non-specialist teachers who may be able to move into a mathematics or physics role. In addition, it aims to upskill non-specialists who are currently teaching mathematics or physics, and those looking to returning to the profession.
Courses available at through our alliance in the following subjects:
- Core Mathematics and
Cardinal Hume Digital Hub
Cardinal Hume Catholic School is creating a 30 workstation training space on their current school site, which will deliver training to:
- IT professionals who want to continue their professional development by providing up-to-date digital skills
- Upskill adults for work in the digital sector by providing qualifications that meet employer skills needs
- Develop or improve the digital skills of unemployed adults, enabling them to progress towards labour market
- Enable local communities to become more digitally literate
- Teachers that want to update their digital skills and knowledge (CPD) to pass on to young people, building a pipeline of future employees with workplace relevant digital skills.
Get in touch